What do I do with e-waste?
- Bring to Vermont e-cycles location. http://www.anr.state.vt.us/dec/e-waste/
Where can we take our alternative recycling - light bulbs, batteries, paint?
- Paint to paint stores, light bulbs most hardware stores, e-waste and batteries ARCC. http://www.cvswmd.org/arcc.html
Where can we take our smoke detectors?
- Curie Environmental Services allows you to ship smoke detectors there, or you can buy a recycling kit.
Is there a place to give items that might be reused by others?
- Goodwill always is an option.
What to do with fabric scraps?
- There are Creative Reuse Centers that you can take them to. http://grainlinestudio.com/2012/01/05/fabric-recycling-what-do-you-do-with-your-scraps/
What to do with bottle lids?
- Under 2 inches it should not go into the single stream recycling. If you can take it to ARCC, else Trash.
Where can I take bicycle tires to be recycled (made of rubber just like car tires)?
- To ARCC or Transfer Station. You will have to pay for them to be recycled.
Where can one take items that contain mercury switches (non-electronic thermometers and irons)?
- most hardware stores and ARCC
Is there a safe way to dispose of old or unused medications?
- Every Fall there is a drug take back day where people can bring there medicine to police stations or drug stores.